Dr. Destin R. Black, MD
As the only gynecologic oncology surgeon in our region, Dr. Black directs a busy practice, caring for women facing complex health issues. She joined Willis-Knighton’s Cancer Center team following fellowship training at the prestigious Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, where, upon graduation, she was recognized as the top surgical fellow. At Willis-Knighton she serves as director of gynecologic oncology at LSU School of Medicine Shreveport. Dr. Black has authored numerous peer-reviewed research papers and book chapters. She served on the program committee for the 2008 Society of Gynecologic Oncology Annual Meeting, of which she is a member. She is also a member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Medical Association and the local and state medical societies.
- Fellowship: Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (2007)
- Residency: LSUHSC Shreveport School of Medicine (2003)
- Internship: LSUHSC Shreveport School of Medicine (2000)
- Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine (1999)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Disclaimer: Not all physicians accept all insurance plans. Physicians move in and out of plans throughout the year. When you call for an appointment, confirm that the physician accepts your insurance.