Though a native of Arkansas, Dr. Futrell is right at home in the Shreveport-Bossier area, having lived here for more than 40 years. She began her career as a member of the faculty at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences where she had earned a Ph.D. degree. When she moved to Shreveport, she decided to pursue a medical degree and gained an interest in dermatology. She has more than 30 years of experience in the practice of all aspects of dermatology – medical, surgical, and cosmetic. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. She is married to Dr. Michael Futrell and has two children and five grandchildren.
- Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine (1993)
- Internship: LSUHSC Shreveport School of Medicine (1990)
- Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine (1989)
- University: University of Arkansas - Fayetteville (1968)
- American Board of Dermatology: Dermatology
Disclaimer: Not all physicians accept all insurance plans. Physicians move in and out of plans throughout the year. When you call for an appointment, confirm that the physician accepts your insurance.