Dr. Nihar K. Patel, MD
Dr. Patel grew up in Shreveport, Louisiana. He received his bachelor’s degree in microbiology from Louisiana State University (Geaux Tigers!). He joined the Willis Knighton Cancer Center team in 2015. During Dr. Patel’s medical training he was house officer of the year and was later named chief resident at the VA Medical Center in Washington DC. He has been elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society and served as chief fellow while completing his fellowship. Dr. Patel has coauthored several professional journal articles on various cancer types and reviews on possible therapies. He served as an assistant clinical professor in the Hematology & Medical Oncology Department at George Washington University prior to moving back to Shreveport.
While Dr. Patel enjoys taking care and managing all oncologic and hematologic disorders, he has a keen interest in malignancies of the head and neck, lung, genitourinary and gastrointestinal tracts, as well as lymphoproliferative and plasma cell disorders. He is married to Dr. Ishita Patel, an endocrine and metabolic disorders specialist.
- Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Internship: George Washington University Medical Center
- Residency: George Washington University Medical Center
- Residency: VA Medical Center/WDC
- Fellowship: George Washington University Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Internal Medicine
Disclaimer: Not all physicians accept all insurance plans. Physicians move in and out of plans throughout the year. When you call for an appointment, confirm that the physician accepts your insurance.