Dr. Susmitha Anumukonda, MD
After attending medical school in her native country, India, Dr. Anumukonda moved to the United States in 2003 and completed a master’s degree in Public Health Epidemiology at Tulane University before coming to Shreveport for additional medical training. She has been practicing pediatrics since 2008. She worked as a pediatric emergency room physician and also worked in pediatric urgent care before joining the Willis-Knighton Physician Network. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is a member of the Northwest Louisiana Pediatric Society. Dr. Anumukonda is married to a cardiologist, and they have been blessed with two daughters who keep them happily busy. In her spare time, she likes to catch up with her family and old friends. She also enjoys cooking and is always interested in trying something new.
- Residency: LSUHSC Shreveport School of Medicine (2008)
- Internship: LSUHSC Shreveport School of Medicine (2006)
- Medical School: Sri Venkatesvara Medical College (2001)
- ECFMG: Educational Commission for Foreign Med. Graduates
- American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatrics
Disclaimer: Not all physicians accept all insurance plans. Physicians move in and out of plans throughout the year. When you call for an appointment, confirm that the physician accepts your insurance.